logrotate wtmp,btmp,lastlog

I noticed that the stock /etc/logrotate.conf includes explicit
configurations for wtmp and btmp after this comment:

# no packages own wtmp, or btmp -- we'll rotate them here

Until recently, this file included a rotator for lastlog as well, and it
also had mention in the comment.

I'm not sure I agree with that comment, though:

vineet@gobo ~ % dpkg -L login | grep lastlog
/usr/bin/lastlog
/usr/share/man/man8/lastlog.8.gz
vineet@gobo ~ % dpkg -L sysvinit | grep last
/usr/share/man/man1/last.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/lastb.1.gz
/usr/bin/last
/usr/bin/lastb

shouldn't the log files, then, be rotated from /etc/logrotate.d/login
and /etc/logrotate.d/sysvinit, respectively?

Also (I take that I have this next question as evidence that I'm not
altogether sure what's going on in this whole situation and thus don't
feel instilled with the authority to file a bug report) what happened to
lastlog's mention? Where is its logrotate instructions? I see that mine
was rotated at the beginning of this month, although it's not mentioned
in my logrotate.conf .Now that I think about it, what's rotating all of
those logfiles in my /var/log ? I don't see any mention for any of them
in any of my /etc/logrotate.{d/*,conf} .

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.