Re: Galeon 0.12 startup error

On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 01:16, Dave Carrigan wrote:
> csj <csj@mindgate.net> writes:
>
> > Any body here knows a fix for the following galeon 0.12 error:
> >
> > Cannot find a schema for galeon preferences.
> > Check your gconf setup, look at galeon FAQ for more info
> >
> > The info, needless to say, hasn't been very helpful.
>
> You need to do this as root:
>
>  GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
>    gconftool --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/galeon.schemas

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out the next time I upgrade galeon.
I did manage to find my own hack. Using galeon 0.12.1 and the same error
message, I stumbled upon:

galeon-config-tool --install-schemas

Like your gconftool approach this needs to be run as root. I'm not sure
however if I'm just using a frontend for the same thing. I haven't taken
a good hard peek into the galeon script. iirc I also needed to kill and
delete some lock(ed) files.