Re: cd-rom went into hiding using ide-scsi

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:36:17AM +0300, Alexander Poslavsky wrote:
> Hi,
> 	does anybody know how to find my ide-scsi devices? They seem to be lost.
> But  (root@wt1:root)# cat /proc/scsi/scsi  gives this:
>
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: IOMEGA   Model: ZIP 100          Rev: 23.D
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: Compaq   Model: CD-ROM SC-148E   Rev: PC03
>   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: HP       Model: CD-Writer+ 9100c Rev: H2,1
>   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> Also xcdroast sees the devices, I just have no idea how to mount them.
> I recompiled the kernel with iso9660 support etc. What did I miss?

ide-scsi simply aliases ide devices into scsi namespace.  You need
"SCSI CD-ROM Support" to use the drives as CD drives, and "SCSI
generic support" to use the writer.

device names will be /dev/scd0 or /dev/sr0 for the cd devices, and
/dev/sg0 for the generic devices (obviously the 0 might be some other
integer in your case).

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.