Re: apt-get problem workaround... is this a bug?

%% "der.hans" <deb-user@LuftHans.com> writes:

  dh> Am 13. Sep, 2001  Paul D. Smith so:
  >> I just asked on debian-devel.

  dh> Did you get an answer?

Yep.

Apparently apt isn't being pulled in because it would break other
packages, like aptitude or gnome-apt, which don't have suitable updates
for some architectures.

Until those tools that depend on APT have updates available for all
architectures that allows them to go into testing, APT itself won't go
into testing.

I pulled it by hand and it only updated apt, apt-utils, and aptitude
(once I got rid of gnome-apt), so that was OK.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools