Ximian Evolution and keyboard mappings

Hello,

The mail composer in Evolution has a bizarre key binding and I can't
figure out how to change it. For example, HOME/END take me to the
begining/end of the document rather than to the beginning/end of the
line, CTL-X doesn't cut the selection, CTL-V doesn't paste the selection
(seems to take me to the end of the document), CTL-C copies to the
pointer buffer rather than to the keyboard buffer, etc.

All other applications in my gnome desktop seem to do the "right" thing,
like gedit, abiword, etc. How can I chage this behavior in evolution?

--
Pedro