Re: Xawtv and XFree86 4.0

On Monday 17 September 2001 16:34, Adam McDaniel wrote:

> What kind of tv card do you have? What version of X?

It's a pinnacle PCTV Studio Pro and I'm running 4.0.3.
> Also, what colour-depth are you running in?

Now I'm running 16 bpp.

> To my knowledge, xawtv doesn't REQUIRE XVideo unless it was having troubles
> in displaying in 'overlay' or 'grabimage' mode... one or the other, i cant
> remember which :)... To fix this, edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config file and
> find where it says:

You're right. It doesn't.

The problem was that my box was starting XFree at boot time, but instead of
running Xfree86 4.0.3, it was running Xfree86 3.3.6, so nothing could really
work.

I managed to write a new XFfree86config, and now everything works, except the
sound.

I've noticed there's a module named tvaudio, but it's reported unused by
lsmod.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pedro Neves