Re: Xawtv and XFree86 4.0

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 05:31:20PM +0100, Pedro Ant?nio Neves wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to run xawtv on my woody box, and although the program runs
> I have no sound and the display's only black and white.
> On the xterm window from where I run xawtv I get the following error
> message:
> Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0"

What kind of tv card do you have? What version of X?

Also, what colour-depth are you running in?

To my knowledge, xawtv doesn't REQUIRE XVideo unless it was having troubles
in displaying in 'overlay' or 'grabimage' mode... one or the other, i cant
remember which :)... To fix this, edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config file and
find where it says:

Section "Module"
EndSection

Add the line: