Re: Problem Printing

on Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 10:18:11PM -0400, Brian J . Dumont (bdumont@ameritech.net) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some difficulty printing to my new printer.  I have a
> P2-333 based system running Debian 2.2r2, using the default
> 2.2.17 kernel.  I recently bought an Epson Stylus Color 777 and
> am trying to get it running (through the parallel port).  I have
> printed when booted to Win95 without problem, so I know the hardware
> is fine.

Have you checked whether or not it's a WinPrinter?  I'm unfamiliar with
your hardware, but there are systems that are generally not usable under
GNU/Linux.

Your best bet is to look up the device specifically on Google using
'linux' as a keyword.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org