Re: recompile [was cdrecord]

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 07:15:17AM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:

> >Then in /usr/share/doc/kernel-package there is a README.gz that'll tell
> >you what to do.
>
> And/or search the list-archive for "make-kpgk", this particular README
> gave[0] me headaches every time I just wanted to quickly roll a new kernel
> </rant>.
>
> 0: Subsequently I ended up doing kernel-compiles/-installs on my own
>  again.

I'm glad to hear someone else had the same experience as I.  That
particular README sent me over the edge, and I thought I was just
unable to grasp what was going on.  Since then, probably 20 or
30 kernel compiles later, I happily still compile by hand and
love it.

--
Gary Dolan
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, kernel 2.4.10-pre9