Re: Real Player as Plug-in

Bob Underwood wrote:

> surely, I'm missing something here.  I've spent quite a bit of time over two
> days looking in the archives, but still haven't a clue.
>
> I've downloaded and installed the realplayer package, which apparently
> debianizes and then installs the rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm file
> previously downloaded from real.com
>
> however, when i open the "about plugins" in netscape navigator, it shows the
> rpm extension as being the only ones associated with the plug in.  i have
> added the following to the helper applications:
> MIMEType:  audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin
> Suffixes:  ra,ram
>
> checked the box to make this default and checked the rpnp.so plug in.
>
> real audio works as a stand alone from my box, but not as a helper app.  this
> is a woody box with kernel 2.2.19 installed.
>
> any ideas?

  lot of ideas! here are some relevant to your problem:

  check the install directory of realplayer, there are scripts that
install it as plugin, mime types etc... you might have to install the
files into different directories but the scripts should make it clear
what to do. If you cannot find the scripts try (if first doesn't work
try second command):

  locate pluginstall.sh
  find / -name pluginstall.sh -print

  then cd to the directory where the file is and read the Mailcap,
Mime.types, mimeinstall.sh, pluginstall.sh etc...

	erik