Speeding up GPG

Hi,
I've set up to use GPG, it seems to work fine. However loading a signed
message takes annoyingly long, 10 to 20 seconds. As I get quite a lot of
mail, much of which is signed this is a pain in the butt. I'm on a
PIII500 so processor speed is probably not the bottleneck. I suspect
it's connecting to the keyserver which makes it so slow. Is this a valid
assumption. If so, is there a way to speed things up, eg by some kind of
proxy. I've installed the package containing the debian keyring, but
that doesn't seem to improve anything.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@subdimension.com