Re: .m2v files which format ?

* Rajesh Fowkar (hsejar@gmx.co.uk) [010915 12:10]:
> Hi,
>
> My friend has got a CD on which he has got some mpeg files and some files
> are in .m2v format ? Which format is this ? It also looks to be a video
> file from its size. Has anybody come across this format ? Which player can
> play these files ? I tried mplayer but it does not play them.
>
> Has anybody comeacross this file format ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

'fraid I have no fish for this request, but here's a fishing rod:

Package: file
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 317
Maintainer: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.33-5
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.2-2)
Filename: pool/main/f/file/file_3.33-5_i386.deb
Size: 112568
MD5sum: a7b07bde95ad721b5e518057a00c40a5
 File tests each argument in an attempt to classify it.  There are three
 sets of tests, performed in this order: filesystem tests, magic number
 tests, and language tests.  The first test that succeeds causes the
 file type to be printed.

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.