.m2v files which format ?

Hi,

My friend has got a CD on which he has got some mpeg files and some files
are in .m2v format ? Which format is this ? It also looks to be a video
file from its size. Has anybody come across this format ? Which player can
play these files ? I tried mplayer but it does not play them.

Has anybody comeacross this file format ?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

--
Rajesh

:
####[ Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]###########################

Sub : Copying from Linux to Win partition            LOST #040

Method 2: To copy a file from Linux to a Windows partition

#mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy (/floopy is mount point)
#cp /path/filename /floppy
Then boot through Win/ DOS and copy from Floppy