Re: gnumeric needs libgdk_imlib.la

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 12:07:54 -0400, Mark Copper wrote:
> I am running dpkg-buildpackage on "unstable" Gnumeric sources. Make
> exits with error saying that it cannot find /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.la.

Check the debian/control file. It states the build dependencies, including
libgnome-dev which in turn depends on gdk-imlib-dev, which contains this
file.

> Looking in my /usr/lib directory shows that both the corresonding static
> and shared libraries are present.

The runtime libraries, but not the files needed for building binaries that
use them (header files, ".so" link).

> But I don't know what an .la file is or where to source it.

That's a file that provides information for libtool.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.