Re: Adaptec 1542 with slink/potato?

--- John Conover <conover@rahul.net> (2001-09-15 11:50):
> Anyone using an Adaptec 1542 with slink/potato?
>
> CD work OK?

I have that card in my firewall machine, running potato, and it works
fine.  I used the boot floppies to install from though (I installed
from the net because my potato CD 1 has some bad sectors on it :) but
if the boot floppies work, then the CD will work fine.

The kernel on the  boot floppies picked the card up automatically, no
modules needed to be inserted, but if it doesn't see it straight away,
just insert the aha1542 module.

Cheers,
Sean

--