backup ~/Mail/* with rsync without change atime ?

ciao,
I backup my mailboxes ~/Mail/* (many files) with rsync.
The problem is that (IIRC) mutt (as others mail-client) understand that
there is new mail checking atime with mtime of the mail-file, and
after the backup there is no "new mail in ...." message in mutt.
tar has --atime-preserve, but I use rsync and ssh .
Any solution?
(I could save atime information, do backup, restore atime ... but...)
TNX

--
Paolo Pedaletti, Como, ITALYa     www.fastflow.it/~paolop
paolop@matapp.unimib.it