Re: APCUPSD doesn't shutdown machine

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:46:49PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> "Greg Wiley" wrote:
>
> > I don't use apcupsd but in order to get the machine to respond
> > to poweroff, I must append "apm=on" to the kernel params on
> > startup.  The kernel turns off power management by default even
> > though it is compiled in.
>
> He said the machine doesn't shut down, not that it doesn't power off.
>
> > >    I am having a problem with apcupsd.  It won't shut the machine down.
>
> I don't know what the problem could be.
>
> Try another UPS daemon to see if it's a apcupsd problem or an
> init (or sysvinit) problem.

I've had a similar problem. Switched to nut, and that seems to be
working just fine for me. I have a Smart-UPS 620 with smart cable.

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.