apt-get problem

Hi,

If I add in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free

and than do apt-get update, I can install any package from the woody tree.
However /etc/apt/sources.list also contains entries for the 3 Debian 2.2 R3
CD's.

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r3 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-3
(20010427)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r3 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-2
(20010427)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r3 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20010427)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

I am on a dial-up line, which no too fast :-)
Now the problem is, say I want to install something from the 3 CD's and try
to use apt-get install , apt tries to go to the net to upgrade to the
latest version of that package. This problem can be solved by commenting
out the woody line in /etc/apt/sources.list and than running

apt-get update

But the next time I am on net and want to upgrade to some package in woody
tree, I have to again download the Packages file ( which is around 1.3MB)
by doing apt-get update.

Is there any way to avoid this ?

Thanks for any help.

Warm Regards

--
Rajesh

--
:
[Linux One Stanza Tip]	From : <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in>

If you have recode package installed you may use the following
alias in your .profile or /etc/profile:
alias unix2dos='recode lat1..ibmpc'
alias dos2unix='recode ibmpc..lat1'

: