Re: DNS problems

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:46:49 -0400, Doug Fields wrote:

>>All connections to my machine are delayed. "telnet localhost" takes 20 secs to
>>connect and another 20 secs to display the login. "telnet 127.0.0.1" connects
>>immidiately, but also needs 20 secs to display a login.
>
>Sounds to me the reverse mapping is not set up. Which doesn't make sense
>because it's in your hosts file.

I could imagine that this has something to do with the auth/ident daemon
looping.

The original poster should have a look at their syslog file, if they see
something like "identd disabled due to looping."

--
Verkaufe Original-BMW-Raeder:                    L I N U X       .~.
http://adsl-bergs.rz.rwth-aachen.de/~rabe       The  Choice      /V\