Re: want to install potato

--- Christian Eckert <c_eckert@gmx.net> (2001-09-12 18:00):
> I want to install the current stable version (in my opinion this is potatoe) on my pc at home.
>
> This pc has an old 90MHz pentium, 64 MB Ram, 10GB SCSI Harddisk and a SCSI
> Cd-Rom with an ADAPTEC Controller 294? an of course a 1.44MB floppy.
> At the moment this pc has no internet access.
>
> However I have the opportunity of another windows-pc with a very fast and cheap internet access.
> So I like to download all the files I need via ftp from the german ftp-mirror  ftp.de.debian.org

I'd suggest downloading the potato iso images from cdimage.debian.org
or from www.linuxiso.org.  You'll need the 3 binary CDs, and since
you're not in the US, make sure that you get the binary-1-NONUS.iso
instead of the normal binary-1.iso.

Burn them onto CD using the Windows machine, and then boot with them
on the P90 (I'm pretty sure all the Adaptec 294x controllers have
bootable CDROM support).

Cheers,
Sean

--