Fonts

  It's generally better to go with the higher resolution 100 dpi
  fonts, right? With the latest upgrade, I swapped the order of the
  fonts in /etc/X11/fs/config and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so that the
  100 dpi fonts would take precedence.

  Unfortunately, this makes the fonts HUGE. Specifically, the fonts in
  the gnome menus, the Eterm text, the Emacs and Netscape menus. Now,
  I was able to decrease the size of the Eterm text (via their menu),
  the Emacs text (via .Xresources), but I failed to hit the others.

  How much does my screen resolution (1280x1024 and 1280x768) and
  monitor dot pitch come into play?

  Suggestions?

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!