Install Debian-Base over LAN. (Potato)

Hi,

Im trying to install potato on my old computer. I got the rescue and the root
disk from an ftp mirror. I have also downloaded the drivers and the
basesystem in whole files (not disk images).
I have there a Netcard installed wich needs the NE2000 module (ne.o, 8130.o).
These drivers aren't incluuded in the two initial disks... So i compiled my
own kernel with all necessary support and syslinuxed it. The modules for the
card ar also copied to the disk.
Now, booting works well also the loading of the root image. But root (/) is
only mounted in ro mode. So i can't handle anything.

Does someone has any advices?

cheers,
Raffale
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"