Re: sniffers

Quoth Alvin Oga,
> just curious.... is there any free/gpl'd version of the FBIs carnivore
>
> am thinking that when people/managers start to call around for a security
> audit of their computers/networks... that we all have a one heads up on
> sniffers and network traffic analysis and ids, etc..etc..
>

> am looking for a pkg that reassembles emails from the packets
> ( dont care that the email packets is encrypted ...

Have a look into dsniff. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get it
to complile on a debian machine, but some (most?) of the binaries in the
redhat RPM seem to work when extracted.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

It's not a sense of humor.
It's a sense of irony disguised as one.
  -- Bruce Sterling