public keys WAS: Re: of the Business Objects, how can the si\-mi\-larity (at the

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:43:34PM +0200 or thereabouts, Bas van Gils wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> just recently I installed gpg on my machine (that is, after reading the
> article in Linux Journal). It works together with mutt brilliantly. No
> problem there.
>
> Now, I read a lot of debian mailinglists and noticed that a lot (all ?)
> of people in the Debian-organization post with a PGP-signature. Mutt
> "complains" that it can't verify the signatures because it doesn't have
> the public-keys in my key-ring. Makes sense ;-)
>
> I was wondering: is there an (easy) way of importing the keys of these
> people in my key-ring? Or do I have to look-up these keys at a
> key-server and import them 1 by 1 <guess that would be the `safe' thing
> to do..>

yes that's one way to do it assuming they're posting it to those
keyservers.  another way is to get it from their websites.  just consult
their sig lines.  yet another way is to ask them to send you their
public keys.

--
"In is out and out is in.  But out is out and in is in."
	-- Pumbaa