RE: Network unreachable....

First, try 'ifconfig eth0'.  If you get something then the device is at
least present.  If you don't get anything, then next step is to check that
you have the correct modules loaded.  Try a 'lsmod' command and see if
anything familiar comes up.  You can then use 'modconf' to load the modules
or use 'insmod'.  Once the modules are in you can do a
'/etc/init.d/networking restart' to get the interfaces up easily.  If you
still have nothing and it's and ISA card, you'll then need to check your
isapnp.conf to see if everything is kosher there.  If none of this works,
read someone else's reply.

HTH,

Brooks