Re: thread hijacking [was: shell script for bash]

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) wrote:
> You could just add a "sleep 10s" to the beginning of
> /etc/init.d/fetchmail, and tune the 10 to whatever number is just large
> enough so that sendmail will have started but just small enough so that
> the delay isn't too obnoxious each time you boot. (Sounds like either
> way, it would be less obnoxious than having to su and start it manually,
> though).
>
> I suppose you're looking for a 'prettier' way, though. You could do it
> with a smaller delay and put it in a loop. This is like "polling for
> sendmail". Something like this:
>
> while ! [ `pidof sendmail` ] ; do
>   sleep 2s
> done
>
> Still not really all that pretty, but it should work.

Hey Vineet.

Thanks for the ideas!  I will give them a whirl as soon as I get some
breathing space.  I'll let you know what happens :)

Thanks a bunch,
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")