junkbuster (Re: Web banner blocker)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:44:05 EDT, Jason Boxman writes:
>Yeah, I used to use junkbuster extensively.  But I found that everytime I
>went to a new site, I was nailed with ads and needed to add yet-another-entry
>to the block list.  If a massively comprehensive blocklist was available
>somewhere (and I was using one of those with like 500 entries from somewhere)
>then maybe it wouldn't be that big of an issue.  Last time I used JB it
>lacked any form of JS filtering as well.  I can do that in Konq, but that's
>on a site-by-site basis.

Hmm,
waldner@wz:/etc/junkbuster$ cat blockfile | egrep -v "(^\#|^$)" | wc -l
    515

Haven´t seen ad´s for months now, I think. Had to specifically insert
 blocks for Opera´s junk, though.

>To each his own, though. :)

Of course, "an infinite number of small programs and infinite ways to
 combine them" IIRC.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is."
----