Re: Anyone ever printed RECTANGLES under GNOME?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 23:53:31 +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> http://www.consulting.net.nz/print_preview.png
>
> This is Debian unstable on x86 running GNOME.  Evolution, gedit, etc. are
> all printing rectanges.

See the threads "Weird font problem with gnumeric, gimp and others" [1],
"Fonts in GTK" [2] as well as the BTS [3] for some suggestions on how to
debug/fix this problem. For what it's worth, on my home system the problem
went away when I moved from XFree 3's xserver-svga to XFree4's XFree86 .

HTH,
Ray

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200109/msg00310.html

[2]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200109/msg00352.html

[3]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=101653&repeatmerged=yes
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=102406&repeatmerged=yes
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=111782&repeatmerged=yes
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would