Re: XISP no longer works

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:

> I'm pulling from Sid (unstable), and a couple of months ago my XISP
> dialer stopped working. pon still works fine. I figured I had just
> been bitten by an unstable bug, and figured I'd ride it out till the
> fix. I finally check the Bug Tracking System, and I find only two
> bugs, neither of which seem to address my problem.
>

> XISP opens, reports "Connection initiated", then a few seconds later
> reports that "pppd got signal 11", and then just sits there.

I had the same problem with ppp unstable.

I also tried "pon xisp_ttyS0" (xisp peer file located in
/etc/ppp/peer) and pppd failed with a SEGV.

Furthermore, the syslog shows that pppd tries to open
"xisp_dial^B^H". These are genuine control characters.

Finally I downgraded ppp to stable version and it works fine.

I'm going to submit a bug to ppp as soon as I connect to the net from
home.

HTH

--
Dominique_Dumont@grenoble.hp.com