XISP no longer works

I'm pulling from Sid (unstable), and a couple of months ago my XISP dialer stopped working. pon still works fine. I figured I had just been bitten by an unstable bug, and figured I'd ride it out till the fix. I finally check the Bug Tracking System, and I find only two bugs, neither of which seem to address my problem.

XISP opens, reports "Connection initiated", then a few seconds later reports that "pppd got signal 11", and then just sits there.

Neither the ppp-connect-errors nor the ppp.log seem to be catching anything, and I can't find any other logs that seem to be relevant.

When the problem first arose, I poked around and found some changes in the /etc/ppp/peers directory, including some new files named xisp_ttyS0 - S3, which on closer inspection indicated that there had a been a change made in the way xisp works because of new "noauth" authentication standards or somesuch, but as near as I can tell, everything is set up the way it's supposed to be.

Any clues as to how I should proceed troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Kent