system hangs after starting inetd was: Re: Unidentified subject!

Hi,

This doesn't sound like a debian-boot problem, it sound like debian-user
might have a better idea, though I'm not sure, I'm cc'ing them anyway.

Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:50:09AM -0400 wrote:
> Hi guys..
> I'm trying to install Debian 2.2 r0 on my laptop (HP Pavilion n5430), which
> has a 20Gbytes HDD divided between the factory Windows ME installation partition and a new one that I've created to install Debian.
> I've installed the base system, configured modules and so on, but, after I reboot the system for the first time the mess start happing...
>
> Lilo can find the kernel imagem on my "/" partition and it starts booting... All that common messages are shown, but, right after the superdaemon inetd is started (or at least called) the system freezes...

Have you tried ctrl-C when it freezes?

You might try booting the system into single user mode, (you can pass the
string 'single' to the kernel with lilo).  You should then be able to
manually start individual services (/etc/rc2.d/* start), that may give you
more info.

> I've tried many diferent partitioning schemas and I still get the same problem...
It doesn't sound like a partitioning issue to me.

> Should I change my Debian release to some newer???
I don't so, this sounds fixable.

-David