some questions

1.) I partitioned my disk in this scheme: / - 80 MB XFS, /home - 2GB
reiserfs, /var - 1 GB XFS, /usr - 1GB XFS. I prepared another 1 GB XFS
partition supposedly to migrate /tmp, but everytime I login as a normal
user the system can't create temporary files. It works fine with root. I
need a big TEMP space, but if I repartition / to be bigger, there's a
risk of one time-big time data loss should the partition's filesystem get
corrupted. How do I make a partition readable and writeable by normal
users (particularly /tmp)?
2.) GNOME-terminal has a colored scheme by default (blue for directories,
green for executables, sky blue for symlinks, etc...). How do I enable
such in a normal terminal without logging to X (like the colored terminals
used by distros such as RedHat or Mandrake)?

Just curious, but any help would be appreciated!

Paolo Falcone

www.edsamail.com