> I have a video-card S3 Trio 3D/2X.
> It is in the card list and the package
> xserver-S3 exist in potato, but when
> I install this package I can set up
> correctly xwindow except the form of
> the pointer of the mouse.
> In the section Chipset I find s3virge
> but not s3trio 3D/2X.
> Can someone tell me if the package xserver-S3
> of woody does have a chipset for s3trio 3D/2X.
> Or if I can find it anywhere.

If you've got separate x servers, you're probably running x 3.3.6.  To
my knowledge, this doesn't support your card.  4.x does, and is the
default install in sid and i believe woody.  I believe debs are
available for potato if you need to use it.  Anyway, your problem boils
down to the version of your X... its too old.