Re: Mounting FreeBSD partitions?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:26:53PM -0500, Jeremy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what I need to do to mount FreeBSD partitions.  I currently
> have the BSD filesystem options enabled in my kernel (2.4.9) as well as being
> able to recognize the FreeBSD disklabel partitioning scheme.  The command
> I've used is:
>
> mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/hda10 /mnt/freebsd
>
> I know that /dev/hda10 is the one that I want to mount (it's / under FreeBSD)
> but I get the ususal "wrong fs type, etc, etc..." error.  Can someone point
> me in the right direction on this?

Have you loaded the module in the kernel? Try cat /proc/filesystems

I wouldn't trust Linux's UFS support... It has damaged so many partitions
on my computer, but didn't remember the kernel version. I would try it on
an useless partition and do high checking to see it doesn't damage it. If
it works, please tell me. I'll try it someday, when I have time.

HTH