Re: OT - blocking mail from specific email addresses

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 07:39:53AM +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
> i would be grateful if any of the assembled could advise me
> or point me to docs to find out what syntax to use in the exim.conf
> to block email from specific email addresses.
>
> i have looked at the exim docs and searched with google;
> there is plenty on how to keep out mail from a particular domain
> but nothing on blocking email from a particular user.

Try installing an exim system filter file. Have a look at chapter 47 of
/usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz (System-wide message filtering) for more
details. Set it up by putting a message_filter option in the first block
of exim.conf, and something like this in the file you name there:

# Exim filter
if error_message then finish endif
if $header_from: contains annoying@example.com then
  seen finish
endif

You can test what an exim system filter file is going to do using 'exim
-bF my-filter-file'.

Cheers,