Re: dpkg/debconf complaining

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 02:56:14AM +0200, Ingvaldur Sigurjonsson wrote:
> From: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
> > If you could try 'DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer dpkg --configure man-db'
> > (probably with the 'set -x' removed), that would be helpful.
>
> Following you find the output of the command above.
>
> openpad:~# DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer dpkg --configure man-db
> Setting up man-db (2.3.19-6) ...
> debconf (developer): frontend started
> debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is man-db
> debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/man-db.config configure
> debconf (developer): <-- VERSION 2.0
> debconf (developer): --> 0 2.0
> debconf (developer): <-- INPUT medium man-db/install-setuid
> debconf (developer): --> 10 "man-db/install-setuid" doesn't exist
> debconf (developer): <-- GO
> debconf (developer): --> 0 ok
> debconf (developer): <-- GET man-db/install-setuid
> debconf (developer): --> 10 man-db/install-setuid doesn't exist

man-db/install-setuid definitely exists in the package's templates file,
so this looks like a bug in debconf or its configuration. Could you post
your /etc/debconf.conf?

>  > I don't *think* it's a problem with man-db, but you never know ... what
>  > version of debconf do you have installed?
>
> ii  debconf             1.0.00              Debian configuration
> management system
>
> I dont know if I should have an install-setuid script, but I dont seem
> to have one.

No, you shouldn't. It's supposed to be found in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/man-db.templates, and to be taken from there into the
debconf database (probably /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat).

> I saw your correnspondance, which I found when searching on Google for
> +man-db +install-setuid

I'll take it from that that I should be cc'ing you on mails to
debian-user.

Cheers,