Re: network backup advice - windoze

hi ya robert...

havent had any problems using linux to backup windoze boxes...
( even if they had illegal linux filename chars that is allowed in windows

windoze files names like:
	"Tom's special excel spread sheet"

dd is NOT reliable...if the original disks has a bad block at 12345 on the
master disk...
and if the backup disk has a bad block at 24680  than your backup copy
will be missing some data  at 24680 that was valid on the original disks
	- yeah..with todays disks... it might not be a problem...
	but you will find the problem when its not an acceptable backup
	solution for the one tidbit of data you couldnt afford to lose

c ya
alvin