About lilo and text modes

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:28:20 -0700, Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>  wrote:
 > I've compiled in 'Video Mode Selection Support' into my 2.4.9
 > kernel and everything is alright. Under my lilo.conf file i
 > have it set to vga=ask. Upon boot up, I am presented with a
 > list of possible video modes, with the option to 'scan' for
 > more.

On this note, can anyone confirm for me that this feature is supported in (for?) kernel 2.4.2?
And please refresh me on what elements have to be
set/configured - (*how* as well?)  for this to work.

And please don't refer me to the man/faq/etc; I've exhausted my understanding of this
topic using those resources.

Thanks in advance,
Marc.