Re: graphic cards

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 05:18:02AM +0100, Peter Paul Millard wrote:
| I am in the going to change my graphic card in my computer my old one
| which is a SiS 6326 card which is to difficult to set up with my knowledge.

I have an SiS 6326.  It's not a great card (read its cheap and not for
gaming), but it works.

If you need help configuring it I can try and help you (at the very
least I can send you my XF86Config file, though I'm using 4.0.3 now).
The vesa frame buffer stuff works too, but can have some interesting
side effects when trying to use X.  I just started tinkering with that
last night so my frame buffer config is a work-in-progress at this
point.

I've heard lots of good things about Matrox and the G200 or G400
cards.  I'd probably get a Matrox card if I were to replace mine.

-D