graphic cards

I am in the going to change my graphic card in my computer my old one which is a SiS 6326 card which is to difficult to set up with my knowledge.

I am thinking of getting a savage 4 graphic card does this get picked up on the install or do I have to use xf86config to afterwards as I trying to get debian 2.2r2 installed and a diffrent card that would work a lot easier to set up for x-server

I would like to use debian all the time the install is ok up to the point I try to get the install fot the graphic side

Many Thanks
Peter Millard
P.S.
or unless someone could think of a better card that is easy to set up