Re: give me "fish" & you feed me for a day..teach me 2 fish & u feed me 4ver!

	Oh, and I forgot to mention *why* you need the libperl-dev package. In the
spirit of the question you asked (teach me so I can do for myself) Debian
takes the very interesting (and IMHO very smart) approach to packaging
libraries by dividing them in to user and developer packages. If all you need
is to use the library in a program, all you need is the user package. If you
need to develop something with the program, or compile another program from
source that requires the lib, then you need the -dev version of the package
as well. This saves disk space and reduces the amount of useless crap on your
system. There you go. You're fed :-)

- David Nusinow
  krmt1984@ucla.edu