Re: OT: tail -f | while read

also sprach Joseph Dane (on Thu, 06 Sep 2001 01:26:37PM -1000):
> why not just use xargs?
>
>  find . -name \*.c | xargs wc -l
>
> I think you can pass '-n 1' to xargs to cause it to execute the
> command a separate time for each argument.

no: xargs(1)
       --max-args=max-args, -n max-args
              Use  at  most  max-args arguments per command line.
              Fewer than max-args arguments will be used  if  the
              size (see the -s option) is exceeded, unless the -x
              option is given, in which case xargs will exit.

but anyway, it would not work for the same reason as the read didn't
work - which i haven't really found yet.

"in the stage of grand illusion
 you walked into my life
 out of my dreams."
                                                        -- david bowie