Re: ne driver in kernel 2.2

Does anyone have any tips to getting a no-name ISA NE?000 clone working
with Sid?  I does work fine as I rebooted to Mandrake and used it...

Is it a PNP card? If so you need to use the isapnp tools. Otherwise the card should have jumpers on it and you can set them to whatever IO and IRQ you want and ignore everything below.

Run
$ pnpdump -c -o isaconfig
You may have to edit the file isaconfig, commenting out the line " (ISOLATE PRESERVE) "
Then run
$ isapnp isaconfig

Then try
$ modprobe ne io=0xXXXX

where the io is the number that pnpdump reports in the isaconfig file.

Steven