Re: Gnome Freeze (me too!)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, dman wrote:

> | > I don't know.  Do you have all DMA channels, io addressed, irqs, etc,
> | > configured right?
> |
> | There isn't anything to configure. Well, you can change a "clocking"
> | parameter (for special cases), but that's all.
>
> I had configured my card when I still had RH installed using sndconfig
> (or some similar abbreviation).  In my modules.conf I had several
> options for the module including IO base address, IRQ (I think), and
> DMA channel to use.  My problem was that I had picked the wrong DMA
> channel the first time I configured it so it didn't work right.

/proc/pci shows IRQ 10 in three places. Could this be a problem? I don't
see any way to change any of these IRQs.

rickm@rickmvnote:~$ cat /proc/pci
PCI devices found:

  Bus  0, device   0, function  1:
    Multimedia audio controller: Intel Unknown device (rev 0).
      Vendor id=8086. Device id=7195.
      Fast devsel.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe001].
      I/O at 0xef00 [0xef01].

  Bus  0, device   3, function  1:
    CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments Unknown device (rev 1).
      Vendor id=104c. Device id=ac1c.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  Latency=168.  Min
      Gnt=192.Max Lat=4.

  Bus  0, device   5, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: ATI Unknown device (rev 100).
      Vendor id=1002. Device id=4c52.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.
      Latency=64.  Min Gnt=8.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfd000000 [0xfd000000].
      I/O at 0xe800 [0xe801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfebff000 [0xfebff000].

...RickM...