Re: Gnome Freeze (me too!)

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:31:45PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:
| On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, dman wrote:
|
| > | If I try to play the same file with xanim, the sound is all choppy and
| > | fast (sounds like The Chipmunks).
| >
| > I know nothing about xanim.
| >
| > What happens if you play an mp3 with xmms?
|
| I left the laptop at the office today. Just now from home I logged on and
| installed xmms, but if I try to play anything I can't hear it from home.
| ;-)

:-).

| I'll try tomorrow.
|
| > | Maybe the i810 support isn't very good?
| >
| > I don't know.  Do you have all DMA channels, io addressed, irqs, etc,
| > configured right?
|
| There isn't anything to configure. Well, you can change a "clocking"
| parameter (for special cases), but that's all.

I had configured my card when I still had RH installed using sndconfig
(or some similar abbreviation).  In my modules.conf I had several
options for the module including IO base address, IRQ (I think), and
DMA channel to use.  My problem was that I had picked the wrong DMA
channel the first time I configured it so it didn't work right.

-D