Re: Quoting styles, cont (Was Re: Fonts in GTK)

Ahhh.  So the brokenness lies in the lack of quotation definers and the
implicit one line open (BTW, pine/pico leaves two, but angle-brackets
things in pretty well).  I just figured that the brokenness was an
artifact of where the cursor gets put, not having dealt with Lookout
(personal reasons, I know of the guy who wrote it and have nothing good to
say about him--if I was stuck in windoze, I'd prolly use a third party
app).  So the top-posting coupled with the microso~1 stuff is really a
no-op, since the non-quotation quotation can be dealt with in the process
of editing, since a bottom poster has to cursor through the old message,
there should be no problem adding in an angle-bracket on every line.
Perhaps in light of arguements like this, where the other side gets
demonized by micros~1 unfairly, there ought to be the Debian equivalent of
Godwin's razor: Since micros~1 is the functional equivalent of Nazis in
Debian, it follows that for uses inside Debian, that Godwin's razor cuts
on mentions of micros~1...

--
EMACS == Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping