Re: woody

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, gerard robin wrote:

> hello,
> I am connected to internet with a modem and to download
> a distribution potato or woody spents 130 hours !
> In France potato exists on CD but woody not.
>
> Does woody exist on CD in a european country ?
> If yes, can someone give me the link.
>
> TIA
> --
> Gerard

Well,
its quite unlikely that you'll find a distributor of woody. AFAIK is
Progeny a mixture of potato, woody and sid but according to the german
LinuxMagazin a little bit tricky to install on a non US PC (according to
keyboard layout and so on).
The german bookshop Lehmans, which is distribbuting its own Debain was
planning to switch to woody, but I am not concerned on ho wfar they got
with their plans.

http://www.progeny.com

Hm, i was just looking for a link to Lehmeanns Debian and found this:
http://www.lob.de/cgi-bin/work/frameset?flag=jfl&frame=yes&id=3b964da576fd0
Their selling a bundle of woody and progeny on 5 CDs and here is the one
to potato:

http://www.lob.de/cgi-bin/work/frameset?flag=jfl&frame=yes&id=3b964da576fd0

Frank