Re: Galeon keeps asking about plugins

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:37:34PM +0000, Preben Randhol wrote:
| I ran galeon as root (as the download of plugins is broken, i.e. you
| cannot do it as a user and store it in your home) and entered a site

I don't know what you mean by this (see below).

| that used java and flash and let galeon install the plugins. The problem
| is that galeon keeps asking for java plugin even if it is installed.

I don't have a java plugin installed, but I do have the flash plugin
installed.  When I went to a flash site I got that puzzle-piece icon.
Clicking on it prompted me to install the plugin.  I said "ok" and was
redirected to Macromedia's download page.  Then I clicked on the
"Download Now" button and save the linux_flash.tar.gz file to my
downloads directory (I have a directory ~/downloads where I download
stuff to, then move it where I really want it).  I untarred it and as
root copied libflashplayer.so to /usr/share/mozilla/plugins (or
whatever the full path is, I'm not at a debian box right now).
Restart galeon and the plugin will be loaded.  If you go to
"about:plugins" then you will see a list of all the registered
plugins.

| --
| «Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
|  not an app programming language.»  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)

Nice quote.  I like it.

-D