re: Lynx, auth, dump and kernel 2.4.x

I'm going to answer my own question on this one.

I was able to get lynx to work under 2.4.9 by using a url of
http://linky/Status.htm (instead of the IP, and "linky" is defined in my
/etc/hosts)

I don't know why this works, and wish I had tried it sooner!! Either
way, it'd be nice to have some insight as to what's going on..

I also noted a huge increase in bandwidth once I went to 2.4.9. The
2.2.19 was getting about 1.0Mbps (this is on the Linksys router/switch,
the card is at 100mbps FD). Once I went to 2.4.9 I was over 50Mbps.

Doug