Re: exim: how to modify the "Sender:" header

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:53:30PM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, /etc/email-addresses
> modifies the RFC-2822's "From: " header, and NOT the
> "Sender: " one :-(.
>
> I guess, that this is a Netscape mailer problem, since
> there is no problem with mutt. Apparently, Netscape
> put a non FQDN "Sender: ", and the smarthost adds
> its FQDN to that header.

I'm kind of jumping in the middle here so if my comments don't apply
disregard.  Have you checked the 'rewrite configuration' section at the
bottom of your /etc/exim.conf file?  I remember on one occasion I
couldn't get it to work with /etc/email-address so I just bypassed the
email-address file and got the behavior I was looking for.  Try adding
something like -

*@scab.nixnotes.org    ktb@nixnotes.org    bcfrF

hth,
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."